Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Etsy Meanderings

So
A couple of things...
I was away.

sorry that I didn't let you know in advance.
My Dad got sick and I had to go.
He's much better now.
whew.

Picnik.com is closing

I've known about this last bit of news for a while but thought that I had lots of time to work out
an alternative site to edit on....

nope.

So the long and short of it is,

no banner photos today.

Just a few select sites to whet your whistle...

Here is Paula McDonough's lovely 'Love Lives Here' Enameled copper necklace. She runs VenBead.etsy and you've probably noticed that I've featured her many times before. She just makes such fantastic stuff, I can't help it! And she makes glass beads AND she's been featured in a couple of magazines, so you've seen her work other places than here, I'm sure. Here's a link to her lovley blog http://www.venbead.blogspot.com/

love lives here necklace - $35                                         

This Boardwalk to Peace photograph from Florida's CitrusTreeDesigns is dreamy and wonderful! Speaks for itself, really.

but you know I can't allow that!

 Boardwalk To Peace - $25                                                 

And it's on a Buy 2 get 1 Free sale! How Fantastic!
Everytime I look at it, my heart runs down the boardwalk to the sand...
...ahhh


Featuring clothes from etsy is always 'tricky' because there are GREAT seamstresses out there who just don't take good photos, so really... there's no real way to know how great they are. I just see their strands in convos and I know that they are trying. I feel for them because getting great photos is something that I struggle with and now that picnik is closing  oh, don't get me started!... oh, wait. you didn't ;)

Consistently, though, Israeli seamstresses not only make innovative, breezy clothing; they take really great photos! I love them. Whenever, I 'discover' a new clothing line that I love, invariably they are from Tel Aviv! And nowonder is no different. A whisically themed shop, with a distinct Alice in Wonderland bend, they have dreamy clothes and accesories for those who are just a little 'mad'! Lovely.

Spaghetti-Strap Tank - $24                                   


That's all for today. I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend!
:D
xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Parents can make one worry.. glad your papa is doing better. Mine just had eye surgery.. & he HATES doctors so it was a HUGE struggle to get him into an apt. Dr said why did you wait so long .. cataract surgery is simple now a days and works really good .. he told them.. he didn't want to spend the $ just incase he dies soon after... ahhhahhhahh.. we finally convinced him he really needs to see.. ♥ what do you do???
Loved your features .. esp the boardwalk!!

Tracey said...

That's the thing - my Dad hates Dr's too. So he had a 'flu for two weeks' before he saw anyone. Urrrgg. Parents ARE trouble. But thanks for the good wishes!
I'm glad that your dad got his surgery too. It's always better to see - I don't know what I'd do if I could not see. I'm glad that he had you to help him through his fears. <3
Xx