Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Great Memories

I've been reminiscing a lot lately, 
maybe because my birthday's coming up 
and maybe because I've been cleaning out closets, 
in an attempt declutter
But whatever the reason, one of my favorite memories is of Greece.

I was just forcing houseguests to look at the photos last night - so I guess now it's your turn!
You're a little luckier in that I only have two uploaded
;)

In 2004, I went from Nanaimo, Canada to Spetses Island, Greece.
the biggest trip of my life
I had wanted to go to Greece since we learned about it in the 7th grade.
The land of the Gods.
The birth place of civilization.
you know the Dad in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", all those things that he believed in I believe...
except the windex for all ailments... I don't believe that.
:D

...anyways,
So when the Liberal Studies program at my University offered a Greek Studies Abroad program I jumped at it!

And I have never regretted it!!
I studied the Lion's Gate at Mycenea in Art History class and then...
there I was standing under it!
We also went to London to see the Greek artifacts at the Royal Museum - amazing!!
We got 6 hours to tour downtown and that's how I got my picture in front of Buckingham Palace.

Yayyyy!!
Not only is Greece one of my favorite memories, but
Those two pictures are two of my favorites pictures.

What are some of your favorite experiences? do you have any pictures to share? I'd love to see them!

That's all for me.
Have a great day!
:D
xx



No comments: